If you are a solo tutor or a tutoring business wondering how to advertise a tutoring service online, you are not alone. Many good teachers don’t find many students as they have no idea how to promote their services. Don’t worry, though, as we got your back. In this article, you will learn how to generate new leads for your business and how to automate the whole process.
Although you can generate a few leads by promoting your services via flyers or reaching out to your contacts, if you want to grow your business to the next level, you have to build an online presence. Posting on Facebook groups is not enough. You have to create your own website as it will help you to make your brand, reach more target customers, and even automate the whole lead generating process.
You can create blog posts and practice SEO techniques to attract more traffic. However, if you want to convert that traffic into loyal customers or in your case, make sure the students who visit your website sign up for your services, you have to adopt a good email marketing strategy. Email marketing can have the highest conversion rate among all other marketing tactics, such as content marketing, SEO, and PPC, if done correctly.
It will also help you to gather a list of leads to which you can promote your services for a long time. List building for sales has been proven effective long ago, but it is only possible if you implement proper email marketing tactics.
Don’t worry if it’s a lot to take in right now. The process of generating leads is straightforward. Here is a fundamental overview of the whole lead generation process:
How to advertise a tutoring services online
1. Generating traffic – Your goal is to create lots of traffic so that you can receive the contact details ( email address) of as many potential customers to whom you can advertise your products and services later on. Thus, the first step is to promote your brand, company, or website.
As a teacher, there are various ways you can advertise yourself and your services. Answer questions on Quora, write articles about the subject you teach so that students can discover your website, comment on popular education blogs, join Facebook groups related to teachers and students, upload YouTube videos, or promote your website offline.
2. Presenting the offer – to get them to sign up on your email list, you have to show your website visitors an irresistible but free offer. So, in return for sharing their contact details, you provide them a valuable product or service for free.
The offer needs to be something related to the service you offer or the product you want to sell. For eg., solo tutors or tutoring businesses can provide a free ebook that details how students can improve their memory or analytical skills.
3. Getting the details – To display the offer, you have to create a landing page. It is a standalone page with the purpose of viewing your offer and collecting the contact information of your target audience. Thus, it is the page on which your target audience ‘lands’ on after clicking on your ad link or a link which you are promoting organically (without spending money) and contains a form inside which people can enter their contact details.
A landing page should be optimized to produce the maximum conversions. Thus, it should be free of distracting elements and feature a clear call-to-action.
4. Offering the promised product or service – Once your website, visitors submit their contact details. They will receive more information about the offer. Sent to their email address from the autoresponder service that you are subscribed to.
An autoresponder is an email marketing tool and service which allows you to send pre-written messages to your subscribers automatically. The message may be a welcome message, a promotional message, or a guide. Thus, an autoresponder can make your task a lot easier.
Converting leads into customers via good email marketing
Now that we’ve covered how to generate a list, you must learn how to convert that list into paying customers. The best way to warm up a cold list is to apply proper email marketing techniques.
The essentials of a good email marketing strategy
Email marketing does not mean you spam your subscribers to death. Spamming your list is an absolute no, no, that will have the opposite effect and completely ruin your reputation. You have to provide real value to your subscribers if you want them to use your services or buy your products.
The two essential elements of a successful email marketing strategy
A useful landing page
1. A useful landing page – It is crucial to create the right landing page with a strong call to action (CTA) if you want to generate sales. You can create several sets of landing pages for a single email marketing campaign, each with a slightly different variation in CTA, design, or color to determine which page has the highest conversion rate. This is known as A/B or split testing.
Email marketing tools can help you to gather additional data if you create landing pages. The more data you have, the better. This will give you insight into the behavior of your target audience.
A good landing page can also improve your brand awareness, increase your credibility, and help you to optimize your marketing campaign. Thus, you can create different types of landing pages for different purposes and various segments of visitors. It can allow you to grow your email list and increase the sales of your product or service.
Another benefit of using a landing page is that you will be able to create a list of sincere people. If someone takes the time to type in their contact details in order to receive your product, it means they are genuinely interested in your offer, product, or service.
An excellent email autoresponder service
2. An excellent email autoresponder service – Just growing your email list will not be beneficial if you cannot follow up everybody to build a connection with them, or generate sales. When your email list grows, it can be impossible to keep in touch with your subscribers. This can prevent you from growing your business and put a limit on the revenue you generate.
However, if you use an email autoresponder, the process of warming up your leads and promoting new offers becomes a lot easier. You only write your messages once and schedule it in your autoresponder tool to automatically connect with your new subscribers or keep in contact with your old subscribers.
It is not possible to individually send emails to thousands of people or keep track of an emailing schedule that will help you to warm up your email list and promote your services or products without an email autoresponder.
A good email marketing platform will allow you to segment your subscribers based on their locations, tags, clicks, opens, purchases, visits, etc. and enable you to send targeted emails. Sending targeted emails can help you to increase the conversion rate by a lot. It will also provide you hundreds of templates so that you can get started as soon as possible, even if you have no idea how to write an email.
A popular email marketing platform will include templates for welcome, engagement and retention, post-purchase, abandoned cart, lead qualifying, online courses, sales promotion, and even webinars or events. It will also allow you to create responsive landing pages using drag-and-drop editors for different purposes. The possibilities are endless.
Whether you are a tutoring business or a solo tutor, When you Implement a good email marketing strategy, combined with a good email autoresponder and a great landing page. These things can help you to generate good leads and create future customers. This is how to advertise a tutoring services online.